So I am now officially a certified scuba diver! Woot woot! I took the class last semester but I wasn’t able to complete the final dive before school got out, but last weekend I went back down to Cedar City and got certified! Woot!! It was a pretty quick trip. I left Saturday morning, for the four hour, boring drive down to Cedar City by myself. And as soon as I got to Cedar, Becca and I headed off to Sand Hallow to go scuba diving! Becca and I had some struggles at first… when we first got there we got all geared up, and headed out into the water, but when we tried to go down under, we wouldn’t sink! We didn’t put on enough weights so we were stuck floating! So we had to head back to the shore to get more weights. So I held all Becca’s gear (her BCD, weight belt, and fins) while she went ashore to go get them. But there were quite a few waves and I ended up losing one of Becca’s flippers! And then when I was trying to find it I dropped my weight belt, and also one of the weights! Oi! But! Because I didn’t have enough weights, I couldn’t even sink so I couldn’t go to the bottom to look for all the stuff I dropped! So we were definitely struggling! Until finally our instructor came over and dove down and found all of our gear for us! Haha… So after that the scuba diving went pretty well, the water was pretty murky still, but was a LOT warmer than the last time that we went! But once while I was down there swimming I got stuck on some fishing line! OI! Becca got caught on some too! No fun! But luckily we were able to untangle ourselves. It was a fun dive!
That night, becca and I basically just crashed on her couch and watched movies, and also ate banana splits :) yum!

We didn’t have any cameras, so these pictures really aren't of me… its Eric, but we can pretend its me becuase this is basically what I looked like :)
1 comment:
Yay for being scuba certified! Now you can come scuba diving in Houston! Im only 30 minutes from the ocean!!!
Post a Comment