I haven't really been up to much lately... just me and baby hanging out! But I have crafted a little bit here and there. So here are some pictures of the things I have made!
First,I painted these bird pictures for Audrey's nursery. One day I got the urge to paint, so Audrey and I went to Michael's and bought two square canvases, and Audrey was nice and let me paint them.
(If you look back to Tyler's burger search post, these paintings are in the background of the Mount Ogden burger because that's the day I painted them!)
Here they are hanging up!
Next I made this bird mobile for Audrey's room. It was so super easy to make! I used my mom's Silhouette to cut out the bird shape and wings out of scrapbook paper. Then I glued them onto clear thread, and then hung the strands from an embroidery hoop. Then to finish it off I tied ribbon around the hoop. I haven't hung it up yet, so in this picture it's just hanging from our ceiling fan!
Audrey is going to be a bunny for Halloween, so I attempted to crochet a bunny hat for her. My sister Angela made Christine a bunny hat last Halloween, so I got the pattern from her! Now, I'm not much if a crocheter, When I was little, I started to crochet a baby blanket, but I gave up when it started to look like a triangle! My skills aren't very good, so I wasn't surprised at my first bunny hat attempt!
I don't know what happened, but it didn't even fit on her head at all! I love Audrey's face, "You don't actually expect me to wear this, right?"
Here is my second attempt
"Yes, this hat is much better!"
So after I successfully crocheted a hat, I had some boosted crocheting confidence and I decided to crochet a baby blanket for my friend's baby shower! I got a little over-confident and I ended up crocheting till just hours before the shower began!
It's a polka-dot blanket! Audrey had to try it out before I gave it away! It's 60 individual crocheted pieces sewn together, which was a lot of work! And I don't think I'll be crocheting for a while...
Audrey was a big help while I crocheted!








3 comments:
Woo crafts!
Ashley you are amazing! Truly! I hope one day to be as crafty as you!
I am so proud of my little sister! Look at all the craftiness! I love that picture of Audrey with the too small hat on! And I love your mobile too! And everything else too!
Post a Comment