This past weekend was the Color Run, the 5K that Katy and I have been working towards all summer!
The run started at 8:00 in the morning in Salt Lake, so Tyler and I decided to do one last summer hoo-rah and we stayed the night in Salt Lake. It made it really nice so we didn't have to wake the girls up so early to have to drive down.
We had big plans of swimming at the hotel and walking around Temple Square, but the weather was COLD! Like in the 50's cold! I was not expecting such chilly weather, it's still August, Sheesh! It was rainy and windy, and I did not pack any warm clothes for the girls. We walked around the City Creek Center, and we actually bought Audrey a long sleeve shirt that was on clearance at Gymboree because it was so cold! I think it was meant to be because it was the only long sleeve shirt on sale and it was just in her size!
Eating dinner at the City Creek Center food court
Since it was raining and cold, we couldn't go swimming since the hotel's pool is an outdoor swimming pool, Sad day! So we just ended up watching the Disney Channel all night with Audrey!
Audrey loved our hotel room!
The next morning was the run! All during the night it rained, with lightning and thunder, so I was scared that we'd be running in a thunderstorm. Luckily the morning was perfectly clear, and we had great weather!
Here we are pre-run, ready to go! We were surprised by the massive amounts of runners, there was a sea of people at the starting line.
The run was a lot of fun! Throughout the run they have people that throw chalk on you, so by the end you are beautifully colored!
Here we are during the run, we tried to get a picture of the giant pink cloud of chalk behind us, but you can't really see it
Here we are post run! We made it!
After the run, we drove down to Herriman and spent the day with Tyler's family. We went to the aquarium down there. I've been telling Tyler ever since I saw the billboards with the otters, that I wanted to go to the aquarium. I must say, it was a little bit of a let down. It was insanely packed and crazy over priced! Audrey and Mollie sure loved it though! Plus I finally got to see the otters! Yay!
Audrey was too busy looking at fish to ever look at the camera!
Hi turtle! (Audrey says hi to everything!)





%2Bcopy.jpg)
No comments:
Post a Comment