Thursday, March 26, 2009

Spring Break!

Yay for spring break! It was absolutley fabulous to not have any school for a week!

I left Cedar City around 4:00 so I didn't get home till pretty late... I ended up going straight to Tyler's house because Janell (the girl I gave a ride home to) lives in South Weber, which is pretty much just down the street from Uinta! So I drove to Tyler's after a very very long drive home, I didn't really want to do anything. So we caught up on our Office watching and played Guitar Hero!
On Saturday we went and saw the movie Coraline- it was...um... interesting
The story is about a little girl named Coraline who moves to an old house and finds a secret passageway into an idealistic world, where everyone has buttons for eyes! oh ya! And did I mention it was in 3-D?! The 3-D was pretty cool, but by the end it was starting to give me a headache... and plus the movie was a little bit creepy... Buttons for eyes? Yeah, creepy!

Afterwards we went to go look at the place that we're thinking of having our reception at. It's the backyard of someone that Tyler's dad landscaped. It was really pretty, and plus they'd let us do it there for free. So unless it rains, that's where the reception is going to be at! It'll be really pretty in the summer, and plus there are four little waterfalls!
That night we had a big game night over at Katy and Kyle's house! It was a lot of fun. We all brought stuff for a tasty spaghetti dinner and then afterwards we played Apples to Apples and then spoons. There were 5 couples, so there were a lot of spoons!

So on Monday, my first official day of spring break, I celebrated St. Patty's day with Tyler's family (even though St. Patrick's day wasn't till the next day) We had a real festive dinner of corned beef and cabbage! haha, although I didn't eat any of the cabbage  Plus there were green mashed potatoes! We also watched Mcdarby and the Little People (maybe... I don't quite remember the name of the movie) but it was about Leprechans!



On Tuesday I read a really good book! It was called Princess of the Midnight Ball, by Jessica Day George. It was a really cute story, apparently it was a re-tell of the twelve dancing princesses, but I've never heard that story before. It was about 12 princesses that are cursed, and about a soldier trying to figure out the mystery of the worn out dancing shoes. I would definitely recommend it! That night I went with Tyler to his institute class, but we were bad, and we sat and wrote notes to each other the whole time! whoops!

Wednesday was Tyler's day off, so we got to spend the whole day together. We made breakfast in the morning, but then Tyler had a lot of homework that he needed to get done. So while he was doing homework I rocked on Guitar Hero! Oh ya! There is this really awesome song that Eric and I really like- Its called Knights of Cydonia, by Muse. So I rocked out to it for like an hour trying to pass it off on the hard level! Sadly I never did... That night we went to the Timbermine for dinner and we ate tasty steak! I love steak! After dinner we went to Fat Cats and played miniature golf! It was a really short course... so it didn't take very long. Afterwards we used our leftover monies and bought some tokens to play games. We'd used up all of our tokens but one, so we just stuck it in the first game we saw that only took one token. It was one of those games where if you knock off coins you get a few tickets. But somehow our coin made it into the little bonus hole and we got the jackpot! All of the sudden the game started spitting out coins at us! We won like 300 tickets!! It was crazy! But there really weren't any prizes that we wanted, so we just got like 4 laffy taffies and gave the rest of our tickets to these little kids there- they were really excited for the tickets!
On Friday Tyler and I played with Katy and Kyle. We had yummy crepes for dinner and played Monopoly, and Katy kicked our trash!!
Saturday, Tyler and I headed down to Sandy to play with Kierra, one of my dear friends from high school  and her husband Colby. I'm super excited for Kierra, she pregnant and due in August! While we were down in Sandy we went bowling. It was the best game I've ever bowled!! I got 104! hahah, over one hundred is a basic miracle for me! hahaha. Afterwards we went over to Kierra and Colby's apartment and played Mario Party wii!
Now spring break is over, and I'm back to school! boo!!! But there is only one more month of school to go! woot woot!

No comments: