Monday, October 11, 2010

School and such...


So, here I am at the library waiting for Tyler to come and pick me up, so I decided to blog about.... school! Normally, I would drive myself to school, but parking here is INSANO! The only way I can get a parking spot is to come at 7:30 am or to stalk people in the parking lot till they leave, which sometimes can make you really really late for class. So on mondays I have Tyler drop me off, and then during his lunch he comes and picks me up and then we do a switch-a-roo, and then I drop him back off at work and pick him up when he's done! OI! The other days aren't as bad to park... which I don't know why...

Anyways! School! So, Tyler and I are kept busy busy busy with school this semester. More so Tyler than me. Tyler is taking a full semester this year with biology, communications, human development, and math. PLUS he's working full time. So we are back to our schedule of eating dinner everyday after 8:00 at night, and never seeing each other!

My semester isn't too bad. I'm taking History of Math, Real Analysis, Euclidean Geometry, and Human Development. Wait? Doesn't Tyler have human development too? Oh yes! We are taking a class together! Wahoo! Its our first time having a class together. Its fun to be able to study together and I get to take notes for Tyler... haha, jk. Euclidean Geometry isn't at all hard. On the first day of class we went over shapes: What is a triangle? Really! We did! At least now we've gotten into proofs and stuff, but its not bad. Now what is Real Analysis? Well, we sorta analyze real things, ya know? Like Cauchy sequences, yes? Then there is history of math, which is actually really interesting! We're learning about how ancient people used to do math! Do you know how long it took people till they actually came up with the number zero? Its crazy!

Anyways! I'm still working as a math tutor. This semester they've completely changed the system. So I'm actually working at the "hub" which is the central math center where all the little math students come and do their math on computers... yes computers. All the remedial math classes are all on computers now. No more teachers giving lectures, you just watch movies on the computer. Quizzes, tests, homework; all on the computer. So for those who like online classes, this method is great. But for the rest, they all hate the new system... Its strange. All I can do is tutor them when they need help!

There you have our life.... school! Oh! And Psych. Psych and school. We "do our homework" and watch an episode of Psych. Keith introduced us to the TV show when we stayed the week with him when my parents went to Texas, and Keith and I almost watched the whole entire season in that one week! haha! Anyways, its about a hyper-observant guy that is pretending to be a psychic and solving crimes! Its great!

1 comment:

Shea D. said...

This is so unrelated--but I wanted to tell you I am reading The Hunger Games! I'm just starting the 3rd book. :) :) :)