Monday, February 20, 2012

A Champion's Farewell

As you may have gotten from our previous post on the Colt, she was on her way out. She was falling apart, and pretty much everything was dying except the brakes, the brakes worked great! We didn't want to put any more money in to fixing the Colt, becuase as soon as we got our tax return we wanted to buy a new car.

It started out slowly, where she would only die while driving long distances (like 10 miles) on the freeway. But then her condidition slowly got worse, to the point that the Colt would only make it to the end of the street till she died. We tried to go as long as we could, but sadly the day came when we had to hang up her keys for good, which meant that Tyler and I had to share a car, which does not work very well with either of our schedules since I go to school 7-3 and Tyler works from 9-6. On Monday we tried it out, where Tyler dropped me off in the morning, and he was supposed to come pick me up at his lunch when I got out of school. This ended up with me locked out of the school waiting in the T.H. Bell school parking lot for an hour, waiting for Tyler to come get me... no fun! Luckily we only had to try the one car thing out for a day, becuase that night we went and bought a new car!

But this post isn't about our new car, it's about a farewell to our little champion. It was actaully kind of sad to see the Colt go because we have a lot of memories with our little blue bean! We decided to donate the Colt to Kidney Kars, so maybe the Colt can help someone get some kidneys! The came and towed her away last week!

Here we are saying our goodbyes



And then they came and took her away, poor little Colt....



I went through all of our pictures to see if I could find any of the Colt, and this is all I could find!

We set the camera on top of the Colt (see the blue?) Haha




No comments: