Sunday, December 2, 2012

A Blustery Day

I did this drawing a while ago, and it is a perfect example of what happened today! We were at my parents' house today decorating their Christmas tree, when a HUGE storm blew in! It was crazy insane, with constant thunder and lightning, and huge hail that shook the windows!  It was the weirdest experience decorating a tree and listening to Christmas music with thunder and lightning in the background!  We were hoping that the storm would pass before we had to go, but we had no such luck.  Luckily my parents have a plethora of umbrellas and let us borrow one.We borrowed the Ernst umbrella (siblings, you know the one I'm talking about!) They've had that umbrella seriously for twenty years! Sadly that beloved umbrella met its doom today.  Seconds after we stepped out the door, a huge gust came and blew us away! Don't worry, Audrey was well protected in her covered car seat, but Tyler and I got pretty soaked!

Poor umbrella...

3 comments:

Joseph and Debra said...

You are and amazing artist!!!

Jessica said...

Oh sad day! That umbrella has always been there in the coat closet. I don't ever remember it not being there. That must have been one heck of a storm.

Shea D. said...

Baha! Poor Tyler! And Ash--you should draw for children's books!