Monday, January 21, 2013

January

January has flown past in a freezing blur! Here's some random things from the past month.

To start off the new year Tyler and I decided to do something crazy, and tried to go vegetarian for two weeks! Don't worry, not for anything life-changing, but just to try it! Tyler was better at it than I was, when we ate at someone else's house I would eat the meat, whereas Tyler would pick out the meat! It was hard to cook vegetarian, nothing sounded very good to me. We ate broccoli spaghetti, stuffed pasta shells, scones, veggie lovers pizza (Tyler's favorite),breakfast for dinner, and bean enchiladas, yuck, I don't really even like beans! Supposedly you're supposed to feel better after not eating meat for two weeks, but all we learned from this experience is that things tastes better with meat! Especially enchiladas!

January has been SO COLD!  Today is in the twenties and it feels like its warming up!  Because it's been so cold we have some pretty crazy icicles on our house! We have one on our front porch and another on our back porch that are just inches from touching the ground!
This icicle is taller than I am!

We all got colds this month, including the cat! She got really stuffy, then she started wheezing really bad. She was wheezing so loud we had to kick her out of our room at night, because she was too loud for us to sleep! The next morning I decided to take her to the vet because she wasn't eating anymore, so I was pretty worried about her.  The vet said that something was blocking her from breathing in her throat, so they put her under and cleared out her throat and nose, they also gave her a steroid shot. This all happened on the day of a horrible snow storm, the roads were so bad that we weren't able to pick her up in time (it took me 45 min to drive about a mile!), so she had to spend the night at the vet. After we brought her home the next day she was still breathing kind of bad, but it was better than the day before. Now she's completely back to normal and sleeping on our bed right now!

For Young Womens we had our New Beginnings on Sunday, and we had an owl theme. The theme for the year is Stand Ye in Holy Places, so for New Beginnings the theme was "Whooo will stand in Holy Places?" It turned out pretty good. I made these cookies, and I thought they turned out so cute!


Audrey is now seven months old, and is now a pretty good sitter!
  She's still a little wobbly because she loves to lunge for everything that is out of reach, like the laptop right now!  She makes cute babbling sounds now, she says ma-ma-ma-ma, da-da-da-da, and ba-ba-ba-ba-ba. One of her new favorite past times is pulling things out of containers. I will fill a basket full of toys and she will pull all of the toys out, and then we play this game over and over, and it keeps her pretty entertained so I can actually do something else! She loves her rice cereal and is still trying new fruits and veggies, so far it seems she is like her daddy and likes the vegetables so much more! This week we tried bananas and she really did not like them!



1 comment:

jeff said...

Vegetables better than fruit! Do we need to send Audrey a copy of Ode to Broccoli? We had to wear jackets this week when it got down in the 60s. Don't worry that was only one day, then it got back up to the 80s. Christine does not know what an icicle is but she does know what a Popsicle is!