Luckily my doctor's office is just down the hallway from labor and delivery. We called me mom so she could pick up Audrey and we headed down to labor and delivery. They hooked me up to the monitors and checked me and decided I was to eight centimeters! Oi! That's when I had my epidural with Audrey, so I was started to freak out a little, obviously I was not going home! At 36 weeks we were nervous that we were having a baby that day, because when we asked the doctor about babies born at 36 weeks, he said that it's a grey area, some are healthy and some aren't. So we had no idea what to expect! Since it was so early, I never had a chance to be tested for Group B, so they really wanted to make sure that I had medication in me to help prevent infection, just in case. So they said that they would hold me off till three that afternoon if they could. I still never really had any bad contractions while we waited! I got my epidural at 1, just to make sure that I'd have it before I gave birth. At three, things looked ready to go, so the doctor came in and broke my water and it was time! After five minutes she was here!
Mollie Mae was born a t 3:47 pm, 6 lb 3 oz, 18 inches long
She is beautiful and perfect
We are so incredibly grateful that there were no complications, and that she was born perfectly healthy! Her blood sugar was low when she was first born, so she had to be bottle fed to make sure that we could keep her levels up. Even though Tyler and I were ready to go home after a day in the hospital, they made us stay the full 48 hours just to make sure everything was fine with Mollie.
Right after the delivery
First day home! So far Audrey hasn't seem to mind having a new baby in the house, but today there were quite a few tantrums. I'm sure once she realizes that she has to share Mommy's attention things will get pretty rough!




1 comment:
Congrats cousin. She is beautiful.
Post a Comment