Monday, May 26, 2014

Our Garden!

This year for our garden I decided that I wanted to try doing raised garden beds. Our soil in our backyard is about 90% rocks, and is pretty impossible to deal with, so I thought the raised beds might be a good idea to try!  On Friday afternoon I got the idea to do the raised beds, and I called up my dad to see if he could cut us some boards, and then shabam! Saturday afternoon I had a garden! Woot woot! Thanks to Tyler, Eric, and my dad!

First thing Saturday morning Tyler and I dug up all the weeds and cleared the bricks that used to line the garden. Then Eric and Tyler dug up the holes for the posts to go into while my dad assembled the boxes.


 Then they filled up the boxes with dirt, veggies were planted, and now I have a garden! Woot! We'll just have to see how things go this summer...
After we planted plants we watered them, and Audrey had a blast playing in the sprinklers!

No comments: