Thursday, August 6, 2020

Fourth of July

We had a a different Fourth of July this year. Because of the virus, for the first time in 11 years we didn't go up to Layton for the parade! Instead my parents and Keith came down here to spend the holiday.

Riley's patriotic outfit

Papa swam in the pool with the girls! It was a hot day, so it was a perfect day for a pool
We had a yummy barbecue. Tyler smoked some delicious ribs and I tried out something new this year- I made a baked alaska! It was a lot of fun to try out. I made homemade strawberry, blueberry, and vanilla ice cream.
The girls were super sad to have missed the parade, so papa helped them make their own parade. They even threw taffy.
We did a small fireworks show. The girls loved the smoke bombs and parachutes, even though most of the parachutes were duds. Then when it got dark the real show began. It seemed like every person in Tooele was lighting off fireworks! It sounded like a war zone- we were surrounded by explosions all night long! My parents and Tyler and the girls camped out in our backyard (Riley and I slept in the house!) Probably not the best night to be sleeping in a tent. The girls surprisingly slept great though, and loved sleeping in the tent!

No comments: