Hallelujah for Christmas break! I survived my finals and finished up on December 3rd, and I think that I did pretty good on most of them, becuase I got all A's, and one B. But that was in my figurative illustration class, and that was to be expected...
After the adventures of having a flat tire, I made it home for the break on Thursday night. After I got home I turned around and went down to Salt Lake, to go see the lights at Temple Square with Tyler. We ate dinner at the Garden, a resaraunt on top of the Joseph Smith Memorial building. Last time that we got dinner from there, I accidentally spilled my pasta on Tyler's shirt! Amazingly enough, this time his shirt was pasta-free!

There were two huge nutcrackers set up, so of course we had to get our picture taken next to him! We are making our best nutcracker faces- can't you tell?


The first week of Christmas break, Tyler left me to go on a cruise! But I was pretty busy that week with working. Luckily enough, Mrs. Cavanaugh's hired me back once again. Working wasn't too bad- I got to eat all my favorite chocolates again! Yay! Also that first week, my dad, the boys and I went snowboarding up at Powder Mountain! It was a lot of fun! My bindings were a wee bit lose, so I kept falling down, but there was fresh powder, so it wasn't painful! But! It was super cold when we went it was like 10 degrees or something, and plus the wind with blowing super hard!
I worked almost everyday up until Christmas, I got so busy, that I didn't even realize that Chrismas had snuck up on me! I had to do a little last minute Christmas shopping on Christmas Eve, and then that night, I went to Tyler's family Chrismas eve party- we had tasty food and a present swap. I ended up with body wash, and Tyler ended up with a sunflower dish! woot woot! After Tyler's party, I came back to my house for our Chrismas Eve traditions of eating tasty tamales, and reading Christmas stories, and waiting for Santa Cluas to come! Santa came that night, and the next morning Bill and Jessica, and Angela and Jeff all came back up and we played all Christmas day- our new family favorite game is Nertz! And I was very excited that I got my very own Rook deck for Christmas from Eric!
The rest of break I spent all of my time either at work, or with Tyler :) We spent a lot of time playing Mario Kart, and playing games all the time!

On the 30th we went to one of Tyler's really good friend's wedding reception . Tyler had to be there really early because he was one of the groomsmen ,and so we were there an hour and a half early for pictures, which ended up being kind of pointless becuase he was only in one picture! But he did end up getting a sweet purple tie out of it
For New Years eve, we tried to do a Lord of the Rings marathon! But we only made it through the first and second one till we turned into zombies... so we gave up on the marathon and went to dinner with his family, and then spent the rest of the night at my family's house, where we played more games and ate more food! yay! At midnight we all toasted with bubbly cider, and sadly enough we didn't have any confetti....
On Friday Tyler planned a lovely private picnic by the fire's glow! In this picutre I look very unhappy, but thats only becuase my mouth is full of food... hahaha

The day before I had to go back to school, we played in the snow in my front yard! We went sledding down the hill, and attempted to make snow angels!
This is when we crashed!

And now I am back in Cedar City, and its a blizzard outside! oi! I'm not so much a fan of the snow when I have to walk to calss in it! Boo cold!!

1 comment:
Hi, I found your blog post through a search for “Nertz”. It is cool to see others that know about the game. I hope you don’t mind but I wanted to let you know about playnertz.com, the site for the National Nertz Association. There is a bunch of interesting Nertz information there and you can also find out how to play Nertz online there. I hope you will check it out. Feel free to join and also let your friends and family know. Thanks
Post a Comment