
Yay! I've been back in school for three weeks now... and I'm pretty much liking my classes.
I'm taking Drawing three, Calc 1, Discrete Math, Special Education, Teaching Process Lab, Sign Language 4, and Scuba Diving!
For the drawing three class we had the choice of either following a list of assignments that the teacher has provided for us, or do build our own theme and work with the same theme for the whole semester. I decided to go with the assignments. We've already completed one project and are already started on the next. The first assignment was a self portrait placed in a metaphoracle scene. I'll have to post my portrait sometime...
Calculus has been really easy so far becuase I've already taken the class before, so its all be review so far. But Discrete math is.... interesting. The class description goes like this "Set theroy, relations, functions, logic, propositional calculus, graph theory, trees, combinataorial analysis, languages, algebraic systems. This course lays the foundation for problem solving in mathematics and computer science." Sounds most excellent, doesn't it?
Sign Language 4 is pretty intense now. Before in my previous ASL classes we would talk a little, but now this class our voices are off the whole time. Two weeks ago we had to sign a joke to the class, and next week we will have to teach the class how to do something.
I'm really excited for scuba diving! On wednesday will be our first time in the pool with scuba gear! So we'll see how that goes! Two weeks ago we were in the pool, but that was just to make sure that we wouldn't drown when we got in water... and seeing as I'm not dead right now, I passed!
So today it snowed and snowed and snowed!! All day long it was like a blizzard! So while walking to classes today I would take the long route and walk from building to building to class, just so I could try to stay out of the storm! Yesterday I had to drive home in it, and it was a nightmare!!! It took me around 6 hours to drive home instead of the normal 4! I left my house around 3:30, and stopped in Provo to visit with Angela and Jeff for about an hour. I didn't think the roads would be bad at all because it was only raining in Provo, but as soon as I got back on the freeway it was non-stop storm! There were parts where all I could see was white!! It was scary! But I made it home safely! Just to realize I left my pillow at home... sad day!!
No comments:
Post a Comment