Saturday, December 6, 2008

Putting up the tree!




The Saturday after Thanksgiving we put up our Christmas tree! Its a real live one this year. The day before Thanksgiving (while I was still in Cedar City) my family went out hunting in the snow to find the perfect tree. Apparently this tree looked absolutely beautiful covered in snow, but maybe not as pretty once brought inside... I still think it looks pretty! This tree ended up being a vicious tree, the pine needles are like little pins sticking out of each branch, so watch out! My mom and Jeff had to wear gloves when they put the lights up! It looks nice though.... We decided that its a Colorado Blue Spruce. So yay for Colorado Blue Spruces!!!

Bill putting the angel on top!





Everyone had fun putting up the ornaments! Tyler and i were in charge of putting the hooks on the ornaments.


Even Lizzie dog joined in the Christmas fun!


All day, before we put up the tree, we baked Christmas goodies!!! Tyler and I made A-mazing fudge, Angela and Jeff made not-as-good-as-Ashley's-and-Tyler's-fudge-but-still-delicious-Caramel and Pecan tasties! Eric made yummy chocolate peppermint pretzels, and some almond cookies, and Keith made my favorite raspberry stripe cookies, and I think Jessica made these yummy almond diamond things... mmm.... when I went back to college the next day I stuffed a bag full of cookies to help me survive the next few days of school, but I just ended up eating all the cookies on the car ride home!



Angela had to learn some self defense moves for her new job! So she was showing us what she learned, and used poor Jeff as her victim!



Contemplating Pine cones!

1 comment:

Katy said...

I have no idea where I have been! I didn't know you were even writing on your blog how sad is that what a loser i am oh well now I know yay for me!