Monday, January 4, 2010

Christmas break-ness!

So here I am back at school already missing the good ol' days of Christmas break! I worked for a lot of it at Mrs. Cavanaugh's and ate lots and lots of junk food for the rest of it :) At the beginning the break me, my mom, and Jessica took a day and baked all of our yummy Christmas goodies to send to Eric on his mission. We made so many treats it was crazy! AND there was only one disaster of burnt meringue cookies!

Christmas came really fast! We had a couple of Christmas parties on Tyler's side of the family. At one Christmas party there was a present exchange, sadly to say there was no beer's of the world present.... Tyler was very upset. I went first and picked out gift full of hot chocolate and sugar cookie mix. Tyler was next and guess what he got? Hot chocolate and a sugar cookie mix! It was pretty funny!

Christmas was fun- we had to split up Christmas between families, we spent Christmas eve and morning with Tyler's family and Christmas day with my family. For Christmas we got a piano keyboard!! I am super excited for it because it will be many many years before I ever get my grand piano! It was fun to spend lots of time with our families! Also on Christmas we got to talk to Eric!!! It was wonderful to hear is voice and know he's alive :) He's doing great in Baffle... which sounds like waffle...

We had a little Christmas get-together at Katy and Kyle's house, where we decorated gingerbread houses!


After Christmas We went down to Temple Square to go see the lights with Katy and Kyle. It was super super crowded and COLD! But of course the lights were pretty





For one of our last hoor-ahs Tyler and I had a date night and went to the Olive Garden for dinner and went and saw Avatar in 3-D. We both really liked the movie, but Tyler didn't really like the 3-D-ness of it all...


(If you notice that I'm wearing my glasses a lot now, it's because I went to the eye doctor and he says my eyes look like they've been rubbed with sandpaper! So basically my eyes need time to recover, so I can't wear my contacts for another month!)

1 comment:

Angela said...

No beers of the world? sad day. Maybe you should move to Texas.