Yesterday, Tyler and I went down to the BYU's last conference basketball game. Tyler's friends were able to sneak us in as "Alexander" and "Leonicas". Haha, They borrowed some of their friend's student all-sports pass so we could get in for free! It was a pretty crazy game! They let the students into the Marriott center first come, first serve. So some of these crazies were practically camped out there since the last game got over. Luckily Tyler's friends held us a spot in line. We got there around 11:30, and when we got in there, we had to sit like 15 rows from the very very back! We had to wait quite a while since the game didn't even start until 1:30, lucky for me Tyler brought his Ipod with Sudoku on it!
The game was a great first-game for me to watch. Now I can understand Tyler's Jimmer-mania! And I now know what the heck Tyler is talking about when he says "getting Jimmered...."
For all of you out there thinking, what the heck does "getting Jimmered" mean, here is an example of Wyoming "getting Jimmered!"
...and "Jimmered" again.
Basically when Jimmer does anything at all, we call it "getting Jimmered"
(Tyler is very proud of his photography skills of these great action shots!)
I think every poster in the stadium had something to do with Jimmer Freddette. Everything from "Jimmer will you marry me?" to "Jimmer me timbers". And our favorite, "One if by land, two if by sea, three if by Jimmer"
They stayed pretty close scored at first, then they creamed Wyoming in the end.
Tyler wants me to mention, that because they won this game, they also won the Mountain West Conference Championship. He's pretty excited for it. Like I said in my football blog, I just go to cheer and eat the nachos.
Here are some pictures of the celebration
During the game, they decided to have a dance competition during one of the time outs where the best section would win free ice cream. So everyone got up to dance, but then they lost all hope of winning once they looked up and saw us over in the student section! The whole entire student section was dancing a complete choreographed dance, it was pretty awesome. Since the students got there hours before the game started, they had it all planned out and they had us practice all the moves. So the whole entire student section was doing the exact same thing. I thought it was pretty fun. Here's a video.
Tyler and I are the ones in the white shirts!
1 comment:
That is so awesome! BYU is the BEST!
Post a Comment