Thursday, March 3, 2011

Up in a tree...

So the other day ago when I came home from school there was a strange dog barking up our tree, so naturally I looked up to see what it was barking at. I looked up and didn't see anything, then I looked up even higher and spotted our cat at least 30 feet up in our tree! I didn't worry about it too much because cats like to climb right? So I shooed the dog away and went inside. So, One hour went by, I looked out the window and didn't see the cat, and then realized I had to look CLEAR up in the tree and there was Jezabella just chillin. She looked so casual I decided she was fine because she probably likes being up so high. ANOTHER hour goes by and she hasn't moved, I don't even think that her tail has twitched... strange... I tried to call her down from her branch but she didn't even move. Now I was a little concerned for the cat, so I was watching from our front window when all of a sudden she almost fell out of the tree! It was just like those "hang in there" kitty posters! The poor cat was dangling from two paws! She righted herself, then I decided she must be stuck! What do you do when a cat is stuck in a tree? Call the fire department? Mr. Incredible? Then all of the sudden, Tyler pulls into the driveway!

Tyler, being my brave macho husband, decided to rescue the cat himself. Somehow Tyler managed to scale 30 feet up all the way up to the cat! Apparently she REALLY was stuck, after she had fallen she had wedged herself in between two branches, so Tyler had to push her out backwards to get her out! Even more amazing than scaling up 30 feet, Tyler then descended down 30 feet somehow one handed because he was holding the cat with the other hand. Although Tyler says that cats always land on their feet, I didn't want to test it out then... The cat must have been scarred stiff because her legs her rigid the whole entire way down. As Tyler almost reached ground level, who returns? Yes the dog came back! Luckily Tyler was close enough to jump, and jumped out of the tree holding the poor cat and saved the day! They made it into the house, where the cat was paranoid for like a week...

There's Tyler in the tree after he had already come down a little bit


After we made it into the house her tail was big and poofy for a long time. She looks a little distraught here...

4 comments:

jeff said...

Wait a second. What did Tyler do before he worked at the bank? Is he a retired superhero with a strange super power he's never told us about?

Jessica said...

Oh poor Jezabella. I have had to pull Peeko out of our trees multiple times. Thankfully never one that was 30 feet high. Yeah for Tyler the hero!

Angela said...

What a funny story! Poor bella! and Way to go Tyler! That's a sign of true love.

Shea D. said...

I wish I could have seen the cat's face! Oh my...poor kitty!