Monday, May 16, 2011

Goin' down the Bayou!



Last week Jessica and I went to Texas to visit Angela, Jeff, and little Christine! It was so fun to go and see them and to be in lovely Texas weather! It was actually summer there!

Jessica and I flew out Wednesday night, and got to Texas pretty late. Christine wasn't happy that Angela and Jeff woke her up to go pick her aunts up from the airport. So even though we were really excited to see her, she wasn't very happy to see us.

The next day, it was raining so we decided to go to the gigantic mall that we went to last time. Its the craziest mall ever. We just stayed on the normal people side, and went to normal stores like Bath and Body Works, instead of Burberry. I found out that this is the fourth largest mall in the United States! Crazy!


Friday was beautiful weather, so we went to an old historic house called the Bayou Bend. (Hence the title of this blog) It was an old house where they decorated each room according to different time periods, using real historical pieces of furniture and things. They didn't allow any cameras in the house, so that's why I don't have any pictures of the house. Here are some pictures before we got to the house. This is a suspended bridge that we had to cross over the bayou. I thought it was a pretty neat bridge!




Here's what the house looks like, I actually didn't take this picture since I left my camera in the car



On Saturday we headed down to the beach! YAY! I love the beach!


The day was "cold", well cold for a Houston day, but I thought the weather was really nice. We had a picnic lunch, and made sand castles, and body surfed. It was so much fun! I especially loved the body surfing. It was much easier than actual surfing, because all you do is just kind of jump into a wave and let it carry you.

Here's a picture of Jeff and I trying to body surf


I found an orange rock that looked exactly like a Mr. Potato head nose, so I made a Mr. Potato Head


Jeff was jealous of my mad skills, so he made an Ashley head, and a Jessica head


Here's our awesome sand castle, sorry, the picture just didn't capture the awesome-ness of it all...


Yay Christine! It was pretty funny because she didn't like the sand at all!


This picture makes me laugh because there is a guy right behind us with one of those metal detectors searching for burried treasure or something!




Sunday we were all pretty tired and sunburned. That evening we took a walk across the street around another apartment complex that was fancy shmancy! It had a whole lake with fountains and turtles!


Then sadly, Monday morning we had to head home. We were in shorts and t-shirts when we left Texas, and as soon as we walked off the plane in Salt Lake we were FREEZING!! Apparently it was warm when we were gone, and as soon as we got home the weather turned cold and rainy! I guess that just means we have to go back to Texas!

3 comments:

jeff said...

What the cold Utah weather should tell you is that you need to MOVE to Texas. Haha
Thanks for coming to visit!

Angela said...

Yay! We had so much fun with you here :) Christine was happy to have the house back to herself though, haha.

Jessica said...

Yeah Texas!!!