So here is our living room!
And yes, Jezabella likes her new home. She especially loves that spot on the couch there were she can look out the window all day.
Tyler would probably like me to mention the TV! We got a new TV! YAY! Since we have our mortgage paying as a direct deposit, Well's Fargo gave us a free gift. So we are going to get a free blue-ray player! So, of course, to match the blue ray player, we had to get a new TV, right? Its kinda like the book, if you give a mouse a cookie! Its super fancy, and if you notice to the right of the entertainment center there is a huge black box... that is a sub-woofer (I don't know how to spell that!) Haha, Tyler's parents gave us their old one! Its so loud, and our house is so small, its pretty intense with it on! haha!
Its so funny because this new TV weighs like 30 pounds, while our old one weighed like 500!! I'm not even kidding! Tyler and his dad had great difficulty moving that TV! They ended up putting our old TV on a blanket and pulling it like a sled because it was too hard to carry! Haha!
Anyways, Here is our kitchen. It's pretty small, but it fits our table! And that's all we needed! When we first came and measured, I didn't think that our table would fit, but I was so happy when we put it in, because it fits perfectly!
Sorry, these aren't great pictures because its really hard to get a good angle in there!
Then, upstairs there are two bedrooms that are exactly the same. They have slanted ceilings, but I think it adds character!
Here's our bathroom. We bought one of those storage things that go above the toilet, and it is fantastic!
Here are some quirks about our house:
Our house is very old, so every step you take squeaks! Especially our living room and stairs. Our living room floors are the original flooring from the house, so they are old and squeaky!
Our walls are made out of some VERY had plaster. It is so hard its practically impossible to hang anything up! Every time we tried to hammer and nails in the nails would just bend! So anything that is hung up had to be hung up with a power drill, and those nails are barely in there!
We have a mail slot that goes to into our house. So when our mail is delivered to us, I don't even have to go outside to get it! Pretty cool, huh?
When we first moved into our house, the electrical in our bedroom was crazy! When we plugged in the vacuum upstairs in our bedroom, when we turned on the switch to the vacuum, it wouldn't turn on the vacuum, but it turned on the bedroom light! So when we could control the light with the vacuum switch! Woah... luckily we were able to call Ogden city (since the electrical is under warranty from them) and they came and fixed it!
Our upstairs gets extremely hot! Tyler and I have been dying sleeping up there! And our house didn't come with any form of cooling! So this summer we're going to have to invest in something! Most likely we'll start with the window air conditioning units!
Also! We love our house!
3 comments:
yay! what a cute house. I love it. haha I can't believe you have no way to cool down your house.
This is so random but I love your shower curtain! It is so bright and happy. :)
Wow! Ya'll's house is really nice! We are very jealous, especially of the hard wood floors. Also I grew up in a bedroom with slanted ceilings and I thought it was the coolest.
Post a Comment