This past month has definitely flown past! So far Mollie has been a really good baby. She spent about ninety percent of her first month of life asleep! So I can't complain there, because it has made the transition to having two kids easier. In the beginning we were even worried that she was sleeping too much, she even slept through her first bath! But slowly she's been more and more awake each day. The past week though she's decided that night is the time to be awake, usually between 3:00 and 5:00. Hopefully this new trend goes away quickly, because I like to sleep during those hours!
She's a really good baby and usually only cries when she's hungry, and is content just sitting in her bouncy seat while I take care of Audrey. I'm still figuring out the whole two kid thing, like what to do when both girls are crying, and both need to be fed at the same time! But I've gotten pretty good at multi-tasking! I was worried about having two kids in diapers, but it's really not that bad!
Everyone always asks how Audrey has handled having a new sister, and so far she's actually handled it a lot better than I thought that she would. Every morning when I go and get Audrey from her crib and bring her into our room, she always walks over to Mollie's cradle and waves and says hi. She also likes to try to help Mollie out and give her a binky or stick the nose sucker up Mollie's nose! So I do have to watch her pretty close! Also, so far Audrey has been pretty gentle with her and she'll always pat her head really soft. There have been quite a few meltdowns though, because Audrey now will grab my hand and take me to what she wants, but when I'm feeding Mollie I can't go with her and that always leads to a tantrum. Luckily, there is Shaun the Sheep. We usually watch that or Curious George while I feed Mollie to keep Audrey happy.
Tyler's been out of town training for his new job, and we just realized that he's been gone for half of Mollie's life! Luckily he's almost done with training and will be here to stay!
We love our little Miss Mollie Mae!

3 comments:
That is an adorable picutre! Did you have someone take them?
Picture - good thing I can spell :)
This sounds EXACTLY like what happened/is happening with Emma and Lydia! Like to a T!! Glad I'm not the only one! Your girls are so cute!
Post a Comment