Yay for weddings! On the 30th of January my dear friend Katy was married to Kyle VanderDoes in the Bountiful temple! It was a very happy day!
The day started off for me and Katy at 4:45 in the morning. I slept over at Katy's the night before, and Katy was asleep at like 10:30, and I wasn't able to fall asleep till after midnight! We awoke bright and early to go get Katy's hair done. And then after, we all went up to the Wight house for her wedding breakfast before the wedding. Then after that we headed up to the temple and Katy and Kyle were married! While we waiting in the waiting room, I was watching some of the kids. Peyton, who is Katy's niece, was having a lot of fun running around until she ran full speed into the glass door!
After the temple we had a break until 5:00 that night, then we went to the Chantilly mansion for her reception.
We helped decorate their car!
We helped decorate their car!
What would a wedding be without a decorated car? We decorated up Kyle's truck with window markers and balloons, nothing that he would kill us for!
Here's the cake!

One of the funniest moments of the reception was when Katy and Kyle fed each other the cake! Katy had made Kyle promise that he wouldn't smash cake in her face, so Kyle fed Katy her piece all nicely. But when it came to Katy's turn to feed Kyle the cake, she accidentally dropped the plate and smashed it into Kyle's suit! uh.. whoops! It was super funny!
And of course there was the bouquet toss! Which I caught! Everyone says that I viciously fought for that bouquet but really it came straight at me and someone else was going to kill me for it... but I held on! Woot woot! At the reception they served strawberries dipped in a lot of sugar! They were really tasty They also served chicken puffs, and since I was starving I ate like five of them!

Yay my parents!





1 comment:
It really was an accident! I swear!And For some reason I think That you were meant to catch those flowers!
Post a Comment