Monday, April 20, 2009

Deaf for the day!

On Saturday I had to do my deaf for the day project for my sign language class. For the project we had to be deaf for three hours, so we had to have earplugs in and have an interpreter, and for the other half of the project we had to be the interpreter for three hours. Tyler was here this weekend so he got to come with me and my friend Heather for our deaf for the day project! Good thing I had an interpreter! haha! Actually I didn't really need one with Tyler because he knows some sign language  So, while I was deaf, we went shopping around town, and then we went to the park where they had a few activities going on and we got our faces painted.
Look at me signing! I just look so excited! hahah! It was pretty funny, because the girl who was painting faces knew sign language!


I had a heart painted on my cheek that had an A+T on it, but it mostly just looked like AT&T, haha, and then Tyler's face had a heart that had T+A! yay! If you look closely you can see my bright orange ear plug sticking out of my ear! haha

Here we are at Big Lots, we had fun looking at couches! We especially liked this one... its called the cuddler :) hehehe

So it was pretty fun doing our project because sign language is so much fun! People did give us a lot of weird looks though! We went to lunch at Wendy's and when we went to order, the lady was like "don't worry, I've seen this class before!" haha, so she didn't think we were crazy!



After we were finished with our sign language adventures, Tyler and I decided to relax at the park because the sun with shining! But as soon as we got the the park the Cedar City wind started to blow like crazy! And I was FREEZING!! And it was funny because Tyler had been lying so the sun was hitting only one side of him, so he got sunburned, but only on one side of his face, and on one of his arms!


That night Hollie invited us over for a tasty dinner, so of course we brought a tasty dessert! We made yummy lemon bars! And here we are eating the leftover lemons... yummy!


No comments: