Tuesday, November 9, 2010

Halloween!!

Happy Halloween! Back in July, when we went to Disneyland, Tyler and I were walking down main street when we were inspired for this year's halloween costumes!


A perfect likeness! What do you think?


The costumes were pretty easy to put together. I got a white lacey dress, a white jacket, and hats from the D.I. Then I glued on red and orange ribbons on the jacket to make it striped. Then I made the red corset thing and put on red ribbons onto the dress to make it Mary-Poppins-y, and finally I spray painted a staw hat white and tied it with toole. So it was way easy, and I think that it turned out pretty good :)

We had two family halloween parties that we went to this year. Tyler's family has an anual Halloween party, but Tyler had to work late, and I was tutoring late too, so we only made it for the end of the party.


Then later that week my family had a fun party, with lots of yummy food :)We all dressed up, and watched our favorite Halloween movies. It was a lot of good old halloween fun!


Bill and Jessica were Anne and Gilbert from Anne of Green Gables with little Tee Tee as a pumpkin



Keith is an avatar man! I think that he looks AWESOME!



Then Zachary was Super Why, which is a super hero from a PBS kids show. When you asked Zachary who Super Why was, he'd say that he is a super hero, who's super power is to read! Haha, what a great power :)

Brian's Costume was by far my favorite! He wanted to be a chicken! Jessica made the best chicken costure ever! He was a large ball of feathers, and to top it all off he had the orange and yellow striped tights! I loved it!



The boys really wanted to bob for apples! So I brought over some apples they could bob for. It was really funny, because their mouths aren't quite big enough, so they had to cheat a little and use their hands, until they figured out that they could just bite the stems.







These are a fun halloween crafts that my mom, my sister, and I did. We just modge podged tissue paper onto jars, and put on the faces. They were super easy to make, and I thought they were cute!

1 comment:

Shea D. said...

I love your costumes! Ashley you are pro! And I might try that whole tissue-paper/mod-podge thing...your jars turned out cute!