Monday, February 21, 2011

The Amazing Race!

So today Tyler had the day off, so he dropped me off at school today. He dropped me off extra early so I could take my Number Theory test, which the teacher gave us three hours to take, so I made sure to give myself three hours to take it! But in the end it only ended up taking an hour and a half, so here I am with an extra hour and a half with nothing to do. Usually I would use this rare extra time to study and do homework, but I forgot my homework at home... darn. So here I am in the library trying to waste time, and what a better way to waste time than to blog! Yay!

Sorry about that super long intro to why I am blogging...

Anyways! So The Saturday before Valentines, Katy invited us to come do the amazing race with some of the people in their ward. It was a lot of fun. Katy and her friend Marnae did a great job putting it together. So basically what we did was a huge picture scavenger hunt around downtown Ogden. Here are all the pictures and I will explain all the tasks that we had to do.



We had to find a sled and take a picture of us sledding down the hill. Unlike today, there was no snow on the ground. So we went to Katy and Kyle's house and grabbed a cardboard box and turned it into a sled.




Then we went down to the Union Station and had to take a picture in the train. We all look a little silly since there was no warning when the picture was going to be taken!


Then we went to Fat Cats, and we had to bowl until we got a strike. Luckily only one person in our group had to get a strike, or else I would've been there all night!


Then we went to Deseret Book, where they had us make our Valentines a flower out of a napkin. I must say our flowers are oh so pretty!


This one was one of the hardest ones to do. We had to build a snowman! Haha, which is kind of hard when there is no snow! We found a tiny little pile of old slushy snow, and made this A-mazing little guy!



Then we went down to the police station where we made valentines for our valentine.



This one we ran like crazy for. We had to get a picture of us on the Front Runner. I was so scared that it would take off before we got there, or that it would take off while we were on it. Then we would REALLY lose the race. But luckily none of the above happened and we were able to run on, take a picture, and run off.



We had to go to the movie theater and ask someone for their used ticket


Then we had to go over to Sanora Grill, where they had us clear a table. Well basically Katy cleared the table, since it was a really small table and there wasn't enough room for all of us.



Our final task was to go to the rock climbing wall and get a picture of all of us on the wall.

Even though we were practically running the whole entire time, we were the last ones back! We blame our failed attempt on a limo. That night was the night of all the highschool sweeteart dances, and on our way back there was a limo trying to park? make a u-turn? Sleep on the job? Something! Whatever it was doing it was blocking the whole entire road! And delayed our amazing race speed!

1 comment:

Shea D. said...

That sounds like so much fun! I loved the pictures...especially the epic snowman!