Our baby girl is here! On June 18th Audrey June Keyes was born at 9:42 AM. She weighed exactly 6 lbs, and was 19 inches long.
So about two weeks ago, at my Dr appointment, the Dr said that I was dilated to a three already. Then last week at my appointment, I was still dilated to a three and about 80% effaced. So we were certain that we wouldn't make it to the fourth of July to have our baby! I never had contractions this whole entire time though!
On Sunday in sacrament meeting the young womens presidency was asked to speak, so I had my fingers crossed the whole entire week that I would go in to labor, so I wouldn't have to speak in church! But, I had no such luck and gave my talk! It was father's day, so we enjoyed a relaxing afternoon at my parent's house.
Later that night, at 2:00 in the morning I woke up out of a dead sleep because either I had wet the bed, or my water broke! I wasn't quite sure how to wake Tyler, so all I said was, Um Tyler... I think that my water just broke... That sure woke him up! He jumped out of bed and was ready to go. I on the other hand was not quite so ready, and had a fashion problem. What do you wear to the hospital in the middle of the night when you are leaking? We settled on basketball shorts, and I grabbed a few essentials, like glasses and makeup and then we finally ran out the door. I was really calm, because I STILL hadn't had any contractions yet. But Tyler was super excited and was driving like a mad man, which was ok I guess because there were no other cars on the road at two in the morning! We drove to the emergency room, and got admitted in to the hospital by 2:15 AM. So apparently when your water breaks, the technical term is grossly ruptured, which makes it sound really bad, like eew- that's gross.
While we waited for things to move along we watched Cars and Ocean's Eleven, and tried to sleep. By 6:00 I got my epidural because things were getting really painful! It took a while for the anesthesiologist to get there, and by the time I finally got numb I was dilated to an 8! By 7:30 I was at a ten. The nurses were really surprised that I went through labor all by myself, they were planning on having to give me pitocin to help things along, but there was no need! Even though I was ready to have the baby, my Dr was not! He had a surgery scheduled at 8:00, so I had to wait for him to be done with his surgery, which was at another hospital! I was getting pretty nervous there. They kept asking me every five minutes if I was feeling any pressure, because basically the baby was ready to go! By 9:00 my nurse had me start to push while we waited for the Dr. to arrive! The Dr. finally arrived at 9:20, after a few pushes our beautiful baby girl was born at 9:43!
This picture is right as we got checked in to the hospital, and yes, that's how lovely I look at two o'clock in the morning!
She was born with lots and lots of hair!
This is right after she was born. Since we ran out of the house at 2:00 in the morning, we forgot to grab the camera, so all of pictures are kind of fuzzy because they were taken with our phones! Thank goodness for camera phones!
I don't know who she looks like. Tyler's family says that she looks like me, and my family says that she looks like Tyler!


We love our baby girl, and are so excited that she is here!




2 comments:
CONGRATS!!!!!! :D
Congratulations! I think she is adorable!
Post a Comment