Friday, June 8, 2012

Fourth of July Wreath!

Katy and I decided to be crafty last week, and we made these fun wreaths for the fourth of July! I love how they turned out! Katy found a picture on Pinterest of a wreath similar to this one, but that one was made out of felt. We decided to make ours out of burlap, which I think looks better.  The only problem was that we couldn't find blue burlap, so Katy and I dyed white burlap denim blue with Rit Dye! I'm so proud of us!  I've never dyed anything before, so it was pretty exciting!
The wreath was super easy to make, all we did was cut the burlap into two-inch squares and then we folded the squares and pinned them onto a foam wreath.  Then we bought wooden stars to put on the wreaths. I painted mine an off white first. Then we hot glued the stars on with some curled wire for a fun effect.  I think they turned out way cute!

The only problem with making these wreaths was that burlap sheds like crazy!! I was covered from head to toe in burlap fuzzzies! Then I brought the wreath home in my car, and now my car is covered too!


No comments: