Friday, February 15, 2013

The Story of Us!

My friend Mandy just posted the story of how her and her husband ended up together. It made me very happy and I wanted to do the same. So here's kind of a long story that makes me happy!
 
It all began many years ago when I was sixteen and Tyler was 17 and we both worked at the Layton Hills Mall. I worked at Mrs. Cavanaugh's and Tyler worked at Island Ink Jet, a little kiosk in front of Mrs. Cavanaugh's.  We were good work buddies back in the day. I would always take my break and go get chick-fil-a and eat it over at Island Ink Jet and share my fries with Tyler, and then Tyler would come over to Cavanaugh's and I would feed him Eucalyptus chips (gross!) That was the extent of our relationship, waffle fries and eucalyptus chips.  Even though all along, I always liked Tyler, he was like that dream guy that I thought I'd never actually ever get to date.

 
 Time passed, and it was time for Tyler to go on his mission.  The night of my senior Cotillion I remember he left me a voicemail asking me to come to his mission farewell. I really really wanted to go, but I couldn't get anyone to come with me, and I thought it'd be really awkward to sit by myself so I didn't end up going.  It turns out that Tyler didn't really invite anyone else to come to his farewell, except me!  He wrote me once in the MTC and I wrote him back, but I never got his address for when he left the MTC. I tried so hard to get that address, I asked everyone that I knew, but I never got his address. I really thought I'd never see him again.
 
Anyways, two years passed and Tyler had returned home from his mission. I still secretly hoped that I would run in to Tyler somewhere!  I finally had the chance when my dear friend Katy was going to go to a mission homecoming for Kyle, who happened to be Tyler's best friend. I was so excited to go to the homecomming, and I didn't even know Kyle!  I got up extra early that day and curled my hair, which was a pretty big deal becuase I usually only curled my hair on special occasions.  At the homecomming in the chapel I kept trying to casually look around to see if Tyler was there, and I saw him in the back, sitting with his mom, and my heart skipped a beat!  Little did I know that Tyler was scoping out the crowds trying to figure out who that brown haired girl was with the curly hair!
 
Afterwards Katy, me, and Tyler all went up to welcome Kyle home. As we were all standing in a group talking, Katy turned to Tyler and said, "Tyler, you remember my friend Ashley?"  And then Tyler gave me a really awkard side hug and said "Ashley... yeah, I remember Ashley..." Which to me said, no, but I'll pretend that I do! I was devastated! How could he have forgotten me??
Later I found out Tyler's side of the story, turns out Tyler was sitting on that back bench getting up the courage to come give me a big hug hello and get my phone number. But that didn't work out so well!
 
After the homecomming, there was a gathering at Kyle's house, and Tyler had a chance to redeem himself.  We talked and talked the whole time! I was jumping for joy inside! 
 
We now say that it was love at second sight, because both of us were smitten after that day!
 
 After Katy and I left, as we got in Katy's car, Katy said "you should date Tyler, becuse that would be perfect"  You see it was so perfect becuase Katy was dating Kyle, and then it would just work out so perfect for me to date Tyler! Oh yes, this would be perfect! Except maybe I was already dating someone at the time...
 
A few days after the homecomming the four of us hung out and watched The Great Mouse Detective, and Tyler and I sat and made fun of the movie togehter and laughed all night long! I had the most fun I'd had in a long time just hanging out and watching a movie!  Tyler and I just fit together so perfectly!
 
A week or so later, the guy I was dating proposed to me! So while I'm trying to figure out how to end things with him, he proposed! Yikes! Of course I said no, and then two days later, Tyler and I went on our first date! Haha!  
 
We dated for a couple weeks, and then I had to move down to Cedar City! So we pretty much had a long distance relationship the whole time! Then finally four years and two days ago we got engaged! And now we are living happyily ever after :) 
 

1 comment:

Shea D. said...

I'm so glad you guys got together. :)