Sunday, July 31, 2011

Scuba Certified!



This summer Tyler, Keith and Bill all decided to get scuba certified. I'm pretty excited because I got scuba certified from SUU two years ago, so now we can all go on a big scuba trip some time! There are places in Utah that we can go, like in Sand Hallow in southern Utah where I got certified. My dream is to go somewhere super cool to dive, like Hawaii!!


Here is a picture of Bill and Tyler, Keith took these pictures from his phone!

They took their classes from a place here in Ogden called Dive Utah. They had classes every Tuesday and Thursday night for about a month. Then they had to do two open water dives to get certified. So last week they went up to a place called The Crater, which is located in Midway, which is kind of up by Park City.



The Crater is a 55-foot tall, beehive-shaped limestone rock that nature has hollowed out and filled with 90° to 96° water. It goes about 60ft deep, but they weren't allowed to dive to the bottom of the crater since they are novices still. So they went down to about 50 feet. I heard that it was almost too hot to dive in! But I guess that it was nice that they didn't have to wear wet suits.



So now they are all certified! Yay!

No comments: