Monday, August 27, 2012

Causey Dive Trip

One of these days we're going to go on some amazing dive trip where the water is crystal clear, and we'll be able to see cool things like tropical fish and coral, but until then, here is another dive trip in a Utah lake! Woot!
 
The boys wanted to get in one more dive before school started, so they decided to do a quick dive up at Causey Reservoir, which is only half an hour up the canyon from our house.   
 
 
Eric is so excited to go diving he can barely contain himself!

 
When we get up there, there is no lake! Well, do you see that tiny little bit of water off in the distance, yup that's the lake. Normally there would be water where I am standing to take this picture!  Because of the major lackage of rain this summer, the lake was probably about 50 feet lower than normal! 
 The boys hiked all the way down the steep slopes to get down to the water
 My dad was planning on going diving with the boys, but he hurt his hand a couple days ago chopping down trees and had to get stitches, so he wasn't able to go diving.
We chose a pretty bad day to go up diving because it was really cloudy, and when the sky is dark, it makes it even harder to see under the water. The boys said that it was really dark under the water, and it was pretty much impossible to see anything.  Plus the water was really cold. So the dive kind of ended up being a flop, but hey! They got to go diving, right?
 
 
Giant fish splashing Tyler!
Just kidding... this is just when my dad tossed Tyler his flippers 
The sun came out for a second, but only hit the side of the mountain.
 
 Since Audrey doesn't fit into a wetsuit yet, I stayed up on shore with her and my mom.
 It was a lot colder up there than I thought it would be, so Audrey had to stay bundled up in her blanket.
 

2 comments:

Angela said...

I miss little Audrey!!! I totally fell for the fish splashing tyler! I was thinking woa that is sooo cool! but then you said just kidding. man you got me!

Jeff and Becca Bauer said...

Poor us and our no scuba scuba! JK! I am happy to be a mom, but jealous of going for a scuba dive. Sometime our little girls will be old enough and we can scuba with our hubbies!